UDM Repository For Insurance
Universal Data Models offers a comprehensive best-practice data model repository for the insurance industry, providing best practice models and saving modelers and designers thousands of hours.
The models covered within insurance are:
- Insurance party roles and relationships
- Insurance products and categories
- Insurance coverage
- Insurance product features
- Insurance product rules
- Insurance underwriting
- Insurance rate tables
- Insurance application
- Insurance quotes
- Insurance policy roles
- Insurance policies
- Health care policy
- Premium schedule
- Insurance claim incidents
- Insurance claim submissions
- Insurance payment settlement
- Claims Star Schema
Additionally, the generic Universal Data Models that apply to the manufacturing industry are included and customized for manufacturing in this repository. These include models for:
- People, organizations, parties, roles, relationships and contact management
- Products, goods, services, inventory control, pricing and costing Orders, agreements, requirements, quotes and RFPs
- Shipments, receipts, inventory issuances, routing, shipping documents and logistics
- Work requirements, work efforts, project management, time and expense tracking
- Invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and banking
- Accounting, budgeting and asset management
- Human resources, position fulfillment and tracking, compensation, payroll, skills tracking, performance and termination
- Star schemas for sales analysis, human resources, financial analysis, work effort analysis, logistics analysis, purchase order analysis and inventory analysis
These models have full documentation not only in the repository but also in the best selling The Data Model Resource Book, Volumes 1 and 2 (Wiley, 2001), enabling people using this repository to understand the data model design choices, alternatives and example data that could be used to populate the models. In a very short period of time, over 15,000 of these books have been sold worldwide and the industry model book is being translated into Chinese. The models in the repository are very similar to the models in the best selling book, except that they have been enhanced and improved over time as Universal Data Models continues to implement these models.
This repository has proven data model and data warehouse constructs which Len Silverston, lead author of the best-selling The Data Model Resource Book, has personally developed together with some of the leading data model experts in the industry.
Universal Data Models, LLC has successfully implemented these models in a great variety of small, medium and large organizations, helping them to build solid data architectures and saving tremendous amounts of money in the process.
Data objects stored in the repository include entities, entity definitions, attributes, attribute definitions, attribute characteristics (size, types, constraints, etc.), unique identifiers, relationships, domains, tables, table definitions, columns, column definitions, column characteristics (size, type, constraints), primary keys, indexes and database constraints.
The Universal Data Model Repository has all the required elements to generate SQL immediately for the models included in the repository. Alternatively, one can make modifications to the data objects contained in the repository and generate new SQL, customized for your own organization.
The repository has 111 comprehensive, re-usable entity-relationship diagrams, 615 entities, 2242 attributes, with corresponding tables and columns for these entities and columns with definitions as well as domains and database constraints defining these data objects.
The current repository is maintained in Erwin software so that it can easily be maintained and/or transferred to other case tool formats.